Novetta is seeking an experienced Software Engineer with technical expertise, strong business analysis and customer engagement skills in support of an AWS cloud-based network ecosystem involving Linux and Microsoft services. This position will support cloud infrastructure DevOps VPCs and services, with data flows crossing various controlled interfaces, and will follow specific IT project management and engineering life-cycle processes. This position will support solutions throughout the IT project lifecycle, to include refining requirements, creating design documentation, and providing O&M and troubleshooting support. The ideal candidate is comfortable in technical and business requirements meetings and conversations, and self-motivated to pursue continuous improvement in a rapidly scaling PaaS environment supporting important customer missions.
- Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret clearance with SCI or SCI eligible
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or similar
- 3+ years of Linux, Python, AWS, git experience
- 3+ years of experience in supporting DoD Software Engineering
- Strong debugging skills (grepping logs, stack traces, tracking down permissions issues, etc…)
- Experience using the Linux Command Line
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- 3+ years experience in system/software solution development and delivery
- Experience working on Agile Software Teams
- Experience delivering big data solutions
- Experience with commercial or government cloud solutions (AWS, etc)
- Experience with DevOps (configuration management, application deployment, etc)
- Active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret clearance with SCI or SCI eligible, with willingness to obtain a polygraph
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.