Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
As a software test engineer, you will lead the efforts to test and evaluate integrated software and hardware solutions for the U.S. Air Force. The innovative Novetta developed solutions are based on an IoT sensor platform for global security and industrial sensors and include both on-premise and AWS cloud components.
- Developing, writing, executing and refining test procedures to validate new and existing functionality, ensuring deliveries maintain expected level of quality
- Finding, documenting and investigating defects with engineering teams
- Working with a cross-functional team through all stages of the software development life cycle
- Demonstrating new capabilities to customer representatives and end users throughout the development life-cycle while capturing their feedback for product development
- Support official customer demonstration, validation, and verification exercises as part of agile software development cycle and product delivery
- Writing, editing, and maintaining formal deliverable documentation to include formal test plans, test cases, and test procedures
- 5+ years in quality control/assurance of IT systems
- 5+ years of experience with software quality assurance processes and tools, including defect and issue tracking
- Experience with automated testing
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and technologies
- Active Secret clearance; TS/SCI eligible
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- Experience with Agile, Scrum; experience working effectively in teams
- Prior military experience in a force protection role or working with commercial security systems
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assimilate new technologies
- Familiarity with multiple testing strategies (TRR, SIT, etc)
- DoD 8570.1 Certification (CompTIA Security+ or equivalent)
- Active Secret
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.