Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta is seeking a self-motivated, technically-oriented Senior Developer to support the Data Services Branch of the Department of Homeland Security. The successful candidate will help to develop products for clients, and offer excellent technical support. You will be leading software design, operating architecture integration, software development, code scans, and infrastructure upgrades and work with the development team to support software development and integration projects.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in selected programming language or environment (Hadoop, NiFi, Spark, PySpark, Python, R, Dask, etc.) and data analytics tools (Power BI, Tableau, etc.).
- Applying expertise in software development to solving business issues.
- Working with analysts and customers to derive requirements for use cases/scenarios, determining the feasibility of design within time and cost constraints, and consulting with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate the interface between hardware and software.
- Planning, designing, and programming functionality to interface and use SQL Server or Oracle in coordination with the Database Administrator.
- Planning, designing, and programming user interfaces.
- Facilitating meetings to determine the validity and priority of issues found within products both internally as well as those reproduced that are logged through Technical Support.
- Investigating, identifying, and resolving code issues logged internally by our QA team and externally by our Clients through Technical Support.
- With minimal supervision and assistance, designing and developing documents and tests, as well as maintaining applications in a selected programming language or environments.
- Staying current with associated technology advances in the marketplace and growing skills.
- Troubleshooting and resolving application issues.
- Department of Homeland Security or other government law enforcement agency
- Supporting cloud migrations
- Working on a cross functional team
- Delivering data analytics solutions
- Information technology projects
- Agile methodologies
- Interaction with analysts to help drive requirements
- Public speaking
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain DHS suitability within a reasonable, customer-mandated time frame.
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.