Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
As a technical writer you will develop, edit and format a variety of technical documents to support a Novetta developed, AWS based IoT platform for security and industrial sensors. You will work with software developers and systems engineers to identify documentation requirements, develop artifacts, and create a knowledge base for the open source initiative. Documents may include, but are not limited to, OV diagrams, implementation guides, user guides, test plans, training materials, briefs, interface documentation, wiki how-to articles, and “Hello World!” code examples. You will create and maintain templates and team style sheets for the program. You will edit and format draft documents to ensure that information meets applicable standards and conventions, is appropriate for the intended audience, and is readable on both the technical and non-technical levels. You will manage documentation controls including version control, reviews and approvals, and Quality Assurance.
- This position requires excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, ability to work as part of a fast paced, cross functional team, and the ability to deliver quality technical products efficiently.
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Writing and proficiency in G-Suite and MS Office
- 2+ experience writing in support of software development and / or cloud environments (AWS)
- Demonstrated experience developing, organizing, and maintaining technical documents and operational procedures and processes, with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience researching emerging technical subject matter, organizing information from multiple sources, and expressing technical information in written form that usable
- Working knowledge of LucidChart, MS Visio, or similar for network and workflow diagrams
- BS/BA in Information Management, Business, or related field; or equivalent work experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed team environment and support multiple different efforts as needed
- Knowledge of open-source development initiatives, and the documentation associated with those communities (readme, cookbooks, etc.)
- Desire to learn new technologies and tools and willing to share your experience with the team
- Experience with Agile, Scrum team management techniques
- Experience with Atlassian tools Jira, Confluence, Gitlab, and similar
- DoD 8570.1 Certification (CompTIA Security+ or equivalent)
- Active Secret clearance; TS/SCI eligible
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.