Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta is seeking a talented Special Communications Systems Engineer, located in the Northern Virginia area, with experience designing and implementing network, hardware, and software solutions that will enable secure communications between projects operating globally. This individual will manage technical support operations and provide leaders and team members with expert advice on implementation of secure communications solutions.
• Design, engineer, and maintain special communications networks, hardware, and software that will enable secure communications between projects operating globally.
• Integrate COT/S solutions and build custom solutions to meet project’s communications requirements.
• Train and advise project leaders and team members on the secure use of communications devices and networks.
• Troubleshoot and ensure operational reliability of networks, devices, and software used by project.
• Interface with outside vendors to evaluate, test, troubleshoot, and advise project leaders on their products.
• Conduct security assessments on systems and technical operations.
- Current DOD Top Secret clearance and eligibility for SCI access
- 10+ years of experience in the disciplines of systems engineering and network engineering.
- 5+ years of experience providing technical operations support to DoD or other government agencies.
- Expertise in all areas of network, hardware, and software interconnection and interfacing such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, VPNs, VOIP, etc.
- Expertise in security concepts including but not limited to firewalls, encryption, and hardening.
- Experience in COT/S, GOT/S, or custom mobile applications.
- Strong understanding of wireless networks, mobile networks, and mobile device operating systems.
- Must be willing and able to travel TDY and work flexible hours to support operations.
- Be able to work independently with minimal daily direction supporting a diverse team geographically dispersed throughout the world.
- Strong written and oral communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Requires an active TS
- Must be able to obtain SCI
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.