We are searching for a talented Sr. Systems Engineer to join our CloudTracker product team. The successful candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining automation solutions that span CI/CD and production on Linux (RHEL, Centos). You’ll use technologies like Jenkins, Groovy, Bash, Python, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation and Azure Resource Manager.
You’ll also be responsible for deploying/maintaining CloudTracker on AWS and Azure environments across the Federal Government on multiple networks. You will work with an interdisciplinary project team of roughly 10 highly talented individuals, to include a product owner and scrum master, client/server engineers, a data engineer, an automation test engineer, a DevSecOps engineer, and a UI/UX designer.
If you’re looking for a highly visible role in a great company, working with senior Government decision makers across the Federal Government, and want to help build and deploy a modern, cloud-native web application on AWS and Azure, then we want to speak with you! We use Agile Scrum, and release working software at the end of each two-week sprint using CI/CD with Jenkins. We follow sound engineering best practices to mock / design, spec, build, test, and publish capabilities our users want and need. If working with a high performing team to deliver real value to customers sounds interesting to you, please read the minimum requirements and apply!
- Install, test, and maintain the CloudTracker app
- Build and maintain automation solutions
- Build and maintain the DevSecOps toolchain
- Participate in agile rituals
- Proficient with shell scripting/programming on Linux (RHEL, Centos) -e.g. Bash, Python
- Proficient with software build management -e.g. Jenkins, GitLab CI, Git/Github
- Proficient with networking -e.g. TCP/IP stack, IPv4, IPv6, Subnetting, etc
- Proficient with SCRUM/Agile -e.g. Atlassian JIRA, Confluence
- Proficient with configuration management using Ansible, or SaltStack
- Familiarity with AWS, EC2, Management Console, CloudWatch, CloudFormation
- Desire to learn new skills and work with new technologies
- DoD 8570 Level I and applicable Computing Environment (CE) certifications
(these will be required to be obtained/maintained)
- AWS and/or Azure Certification(s)
- Familiarity with Terraform and TerraGrunt
- Familiarity deploying mission critical systems, both internal and on customer sites
- Familiarity optimizing environments for high performance
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active TS/SCI w. Poly
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.