Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Seeking an experienced Senior Technical Writer to document software across a collection of innovative R&D projects, which creatively approach requirements for an operational DoD customer that provides dynamic/on-demand infrastructure.
- Determine the technical documentation requirements of clients and end users.
- Develop and edit user guides, troubleshooting guides, checklists, Data Item Description documents, accreditation support, RFI/White Papers, proposals, etc.
- Work with System Engineers, Developers, Cyber Security and Quality Assurance Testers to distill technical information into comprehensive security accreditation documentation.
- Collaborate with graphic designers to use drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase user understanding while maintaining white space.
- Maintain document libraries while standardizing content across platforms and media.
- Create writing style guides and perform Tech Editing for existing documentation compliance.
- SECRET clearance.
- 7+ years of experience as a technical writer and editor.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both technical and non-technical written information effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
- Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Google Suite, and other publishing tech.
- Specialized knowledge writing for information technology, software engineering, etc.
- Current TS/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Journalism, English, Communications or relevant field.
- Prior experience composing technical documentation for a DoD/Intelligence Community organization or agency.
- Expertise documenting information technology programs with user interfaces and complex data processes.
- Experience supporting virtualized networking, such as AWS, while utilizing Agile and/or Scrum methodologies.
- Familiarity maintaining online help functions in CSS and performing desktop publishing.
- Proficiency with collaborative tools such as: SharePoint, Confluence, Jira, GitHub, etc.
Security Clearance: Secret
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.