Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
We are seeking an experienced Systems and Quality Assurance Engineer, located in Gilbert, AZ, to become part of a team of systems, network, software, and test engineers responsible for the development, production, and maintenance of border surveillance and security systems.
Novetta’s core offering, GeoSpera, is a C4ISR product application comprised of a tactical and enterprise level MULTI-INT geospatial Command and Control (C2) system that synthesizes data from a vast array of sensors and systems, providing real-time visualization of the data within a geospatial common operating picture (COP) of their mission environment. This position will assist in the design, production, testing, and maintenance of both the C2 software and system to the meet the requirements of the MS3 mission.
In this role you will:
- Be part of a cross-functional engineering team in the creation, fielding, and maintenance of MS3 systems with a specific focus on each system’s software, network, and cyber-security profiles.
- Support Novetta and engineering leadership to develop and maintain short-, medium-, and long-term engineering objectives across the system. This includes improving the overall security, usability, performance, maintainability, and scalability of each system.
- Participate with hardware and system design and integration, to include integration of sensors (full-motion video, radars, WAMI, etc.) and their payloads into a fast-paced, low-latency operation environment with high-performance mission requirements.
- Install, configure, and test the GeoSpera software on program integration and test environments.
- Write and execute test procedures to validate new and existing functionality, ensuring software and system deliveries maintain the expected level of quality and meet program capability requirements.
- Document software and system defects according to established MS3 standards and work with the cross-functional engineering team to resolve.
- Support the maintenance and creation of detailed software and system documentation, to include, but not limited to, software installation, system and sensor configuration, and troubleshooting guides.
- Support a Microsoft systems baseline and Cisco network baseline configuration.
- Assist internal and customer teams in troubleshooting of on-site systems, including software, hardware, and networking, in support of development and testing efforts.
- Demonstrate new capabilities to Novetta or program leadership periodically throughout the development lifecycle.
- Interact effectively with customers and Novetta team members in a dynamic work environment.
- Participate in weekly program and technical discussions as required.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to teach and advise team members on technical and functional issues.
- 5 - 8 years of experience and increasing levels of responsibility in the disciplines of systems and test engineering.
- Possess SME-level certifications with; networks (e.g. CISCO), systems (e.g. Microsoft), or Security (e.g. CISSP, MCP, Security+).
- Experience with modern server deployment techniques including templates, scripts, imaging, and configuration management systems, etc.
- Understanding of security concepts including firewalls, encryption, fortification, and hardening.
- Experience writing and executing test procedures on a software application or system.
- Experience identifying software application and system issues, as well as experience working with or within an engineering team to resolve.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% with a potential for short overseas travel
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or Military Experience equivalent.
- Experience with military tactical solutions supporting ISR (FMV, radar, etc.) and/or C2 solutions
- Previous experience as a field support engineer on a DoD program.
- Trained in DoD Operational Security (OpSec) guidelines.
- Must be eligible to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.