Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
As a member of a fast-paced software development team, this candidate will be responsible for supporting the development and delivery of high visibility, high performing, and scalable solutions addressing mission-critical threat assessment needs throughout the DoD Enterprise. He/she will be directly responsible for:
- Ability to collect large volumes of data for processing
- Working directly with the customer on vast amounts of disparate data
- Create plans for analyzing data feeds
- Design and develop data ingestion techniques
- Work with the development team to prototype application ETL processes
- Developing data scripting techniques
- Assist the DBA with data analysis and solutions
- Providing guidance on data related issues
- Ability to multitask on different data related issues
- Attend meetings as needed/as directed
- Others as needed/as directed.
The ideal candidate will be a driven team player that thrives in a small team environment. This candidate should be an exceptional problem solver with a demonstrated proficiency in critical analysis and abstract reasoning. This candidate should have a strong sense of observation and the ability to translate observations into technical solutions. The ideal candidate will be well versed in the Agile development methodologies and have a demonstrated proficiency with developing high performing scalable systems leveraging open source technologies while adhering to all DoD standards, regulations, policies, and directives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related Technical Field or Equivalent Experience
- Strong grasp of data ingestion techniques
- Demonstrated Proficiency in ETL, Design, Debugging, Analysis, and Problem Solving
- Experience producing data architectural designs for team consumption
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with data manipulation and analysis
- Experience writing elegant, readable, maintainable code
- Prior experience in any of the techniques:
- Data mining
- Machine Learning
- Data Discovery
- Data Analysis
- Willingness and drive to follow and keep abreast of industry best practices, patterns, and methodologies
- Passion for delivering high quality software, to constantly strive for improvement, and take ownership in the product
- Agile process and methodologies
- Interacting directly with data owner and customer
- Answering big data questions
- Working about different functional teams
- Active TS/SCI clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.