Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta is seeking a skilled Data Scientist to support a fast paced, innovative project supporting our client in the field of data science and Machine Learning.
- Experience with python, specifically with conda environments
- Knowledgeable with NLP techniques
- Familiarity with fastai and the training of ULMFit models
- Comfortable with usage of AWS and a ubuntu CLI environment
- Familiarity with jupyter notebooks
- 3+ years of relevant experience as a Data Scientist, Data Architect, or Data Analyst
- 3+ years experience providing expertise related to individual, organizational, technological, or transnational issues of national security concern
- 3+ years experience and ability to articulate analytic methods and methodological tools in at least one of the following areas:
- Applied mathematics (e.g. probability and statistics, multivariable calculus, linear algebra, ordinary and partial differential equations, stochastic processes, graph theory)
- Computing programming (e.g. scripting, data parsing/ETL, artificial intelligence, machine learning, math/statistics packages, natural language processing, software versioning, distributed computing)
- Visualization (e,g, dashboard creation, network analysis, GIS/geospatial analysis, telemetry analysis
- 3+ years of experience with the IC and methodological experience in some of the following areas:
- Relationships and discovery (correlating, enriching, and prioritizing data about activity among actors, devices or facilities to enable the discovery of structure, roles, key relationships and targets)
- Situational awareness (unifying data into a single context, allowing the current situation to be accurately and quickly understood)
- Systems modeling (building a computational analog of a real-world system – political, military, economic, social or technical – to understand how it operates, what it is capable of, and how it may react to shocks)
- Experience using Python or one of the following software/tools: SQL, R, Hadoop, Spark, Java, C/C++, Git, Bash, Tableau, ArcGIS, Unix commands
- Working knowledge of research designs and collection methods, capabilities, and tasking process
- Intellectual curiosity; creativity and innovation to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to complex problems
- Ability to leverage multiple data management tools to organize relevant information and make decisions
- Ability to translate complex, technical findings into an easily understood narrative (i.e. tell a story with the data) in graphical, verbal or written form
- Ability to multitask and change focus quickly as demand changes
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Active Secret in JPAS
- Must be willing to undergo polygraph examination
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.