Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
We are seeking an experienced Lead Engineer, located in the Columbia, MD area, to be responsible for the oversight and management of a team of system, network, and software engineers responsible for the development, production, and maintenance of US Army force protection systems in support of the Persistent Surveillance Systems – Tethered (PSS-T). Additionally, the Lead Engineer will be responsible for collaborating with PSS-T and Novetta C4ISR leadership to define engineering goals, set objectives, develop innovative solutions, develop plans and timelines, and brief program status.
In this role you will:
- Lead a cross-functional team of system, network, and software engineers to create, field, maintain and update PSS-T systems with a specific focus on each system’s software and network.
- Work with PSS-T leadership to develop and maintain short-, medium-, and long-term engineering objectives across multiple systems. This includes providing engineering leadership to improve the overall security, usability, performance, maintainability, and scalability of each system.
- Design complex solutions related to PSS-T system software and networking, to enhance fast-paced, low-latency operation environment with high-performance mission requirements.
- Analyze PSS-T software and network requirements for each PSS-T system and turn them into actionable tasks for the Novetta engineering team.
- Effectively communicate engineering status to PSS-T leadership, as well as provide recommendations to improve PSS-T system software and network related capabilities.
- Support and maintain a DoD accreditation on the PSS-T Large system.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to teach and advise team members on the appropriate engineering processes and protocols.
- Assist Novetta software engineering with Ageon ISR application architecture and capability design for deployed PSS-T systems.
- Travel to CONUS PSS-T sites in Elizabeth City, NC, and Yuma Proving Grounds, AZ, to evaluate and support updates to each PSS-T system environment.
- Mentor junior system, network, and software engineers on engineering and PSS-T best practices.
- 12 - 15 years of experience and increasing levels of responsibility in the disciplines of systems engineering and administration, network engineering and administration, and personnel management.
- Previous experience leading a systems engineering team of at least three to five (3 - 5) team members.
- Experience supporting Cisco network and Microsoft systems in stand-alone or distributed test and deployment environments.
- Expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, VOIP, etc.
- Experience with modern server deployment techniques including templates, scripts, imaging, and configuration management systems, etc.
- Strong understanding of security concepts including but not limited to firewalls, encryption, and hardening.
- Experience briefing customer leadership on engineering tasks and progress.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with military tactical engineering solutions supporting ISR (FMV, radar, etc.) and/or C2 solutions.
- Experience with U.S. Army Force Protection programs (PSS-T, BETSS-C, and/or PGSS).
- Previous experience as a field support engineer.
- Trained in DoD Operational Security (OpSec) guidelines.
- Work well within a matrixed organization.
- Active Secret clearance required to start
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.