Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and accomplished Intelligence Data Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support the architecture of a large-scale system intended to enhance the flow of information across combatant commands (CCMDs). This system integrates existing software applications and implements new user features across a secure data fabric. The ideal candidate has served as a SME in data interoperability standards, data standards policy and compliance in support of DoD and IC organizations. The candidate would have experience within the IC, steering strategic data direction, developing technical artifacts, and negotiating data exchanges between IC entities.
The Data SME will work closely with the Chief Architect, systems engineers, software engineers, and functional SMEs on the following key tasks:
- The Data SME will act as a technical point of contact responsible for driving data strategy, policy and specification alignments, assessing future data integrations.
- Work with external organizations (government, SETA, external contractors), along with internal product management, executive stakeholders, and development teams to define a vision and plan for Data Strategy and External System integration.
- Develop roadmaps, approaches for data to be prioritized and integrated, and assist with development of program service architecture, standards, and specifications.
- Design and implement high-volume data ingestion and streaming pipelines using Open Source frameworks like Apache Spark, Flink, Nifi, and Kafka on AWS Cloud.
- Analyze requirements in order to produce and maintain artifacts such as Logical Data Models (LDM), Data Element Dictionaries (DED), model release documentation, and data mappings. Utilizing application modeling languages/techniques (e.g. UML, OML, entity relationship modeling).
- Understand organizational strategy and goals and help the team understand decision criteria so they can make prioritization decisions for their sprints and day to day work.
- Use your experience to help the team with critical architectural and delivery decisions.
- Assists with large-scale data migrations across the enterprise as well as with optimization and scalability efforts.
- Active TS/SCI w/poly (or willingness to take a poly) security clearance
- Will have 10+ years in systems architecture or software development, and integration with focus on intelligence production and dissemination, data processing pipelines, content management, workflow processes, enterprise services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM related field such as computer science, computer engineering, information management science, or related fields
- Developing and using computer languages (e.g. Python, R, Pig, Java, C, SQL) to perform large scale parallel processing of data, and to develop, validate, and use methodologies to support the ETL of data for analytic requirements in clustered computing environments.
- Knowledge of databases (Graph, SQL)
- Experience with All-Source data analysis to perform technical targeting analytic support in the Intelligence Community.
- Experience working in a SAFe Agile Development Environment
- Experience using task management tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Experience using software repositories (e.g. Bitbucket and Git)
- Experience with translating policy into requirements for technical specifications
- Ability to go from abstract concepts to concrete implementations and vice versa
Security Clearance Requirements
- Top Secret SCI with Polygraph
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.