Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
As a member of a fast-paced software development team, this candidate will be responsible for supporting the development and delivery of high visibility, high performing, and scalable solutions addressing mission-critical threat assessment needs throughout the DoD Enterprise. He/she will be directly responsible for:
- Identifying, defining, analyzing, and coordinating customer needs and constraints and translating them into technical requirements and documentation
- Coordinating with both development and sustainment teams to architect, develop, and support custom enterprise solutions operating in virtual environments for multiple DoD networks
- Developing systems and functional requirements to ensure developed systems meet the needs of the customer
- Documenting and managing Change Requests throughout the software development lifecycle
- Evaluating existing systems capabilities, architecture, technologies, and business processes, and identifying opportunities for optimization and enhancement
- Analyzing the Product Backlog
- Developing, maintaining, and enhancing requirements and business process documentation and procedures
- Drafting wireframes to help articulate customer requirements and proposed solutions
- Planning and coordinating between Project Milestones
- Creating and maintaining Business Requirements Documents, Functional Requirements Documents, Process Flow Diagrams
- Working closely with multiple DoD customers providing technical guidance, documentation, and presentation support as needed for all supported efforts
- Providing direct technical guidance and support to both the development and sustainment teams as necessary
- Conducting analysis and review of existing GOTS/COTS software and providing recommendations as needed
- Attend meetings, demo custom software, capture requirements, and serve as a technical representative for all supported systems as needed
- Others as needed/as directed.
The ideal candidate will be a driven team player that thrives in a small team environment and has a “can do” attitude. This candidate should be an exceptional problem solver with a demonstrated proficiency in critical analysis, abstract reasoning, software engineering, and technical documentation. This candidate should have a strong sense of observation and the ability to translate observations into technical solutions. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated proficiency with requirements capture, translation, and articulation in support of high performing scalable systems leveraging open source technologies while adhering to all DoD standards, regulations, policies, and directives.
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Math or related discipline
- Ability to work the core hours of 0830 – 1630 M-F
- 3+ Years supporting the design, documentation, and development of high performing, scalable, and robust enterprise information systems
- 3+ Years’ experience working with a DoD software development program
- 3+ Years’ business process analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated proficiency drafting wireframes and other requirements artifacts with Balsamiq, Adobe CS, or other wireframing utility
- Strong coordination, organizational and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively execute tasks, resolve issues, and meet challenging schedules
- Detail oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency working with business process workflows, Use Cases, UI mockups, system specifications and system testing
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Science, Math or related discipline
- 5+ Years supporting the design, documentation, and development of high performing, scalable, and robust enterprise information systems
- 5+ Years’ business process analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with UI/UX design
- Experience with Joint Application Design/Development (JAD)
- Active TS/SCI in JPAS
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.