As a Test Engineer you would perform system level testing on developed capabilities. Analyze system requirements and concept of operations documents, acquisition plans, and system descriptions to develop evaluation and test plans and procedures, prepare for and conduct the data collection and analysis, and report status and results. Experience in Python scripting. Familiarity with test frameworks (such as PyTest, PyAuto) and tools such as Sphinx and Jenkins. Ability to write test plans and procedures and test reports. Familiarity with MS Office, Linux, Redmine/Jira, Subversion/Git. Supports the development of customer test and evaluation documentation e.g., Test Plan, Test Procedures, Test Readiness Assessments, and Test Summary Reports.
- Assist with any or all of the Level 1 tasks as constrained by technical training and previous testing experience.
- Conduct research into and apply knowledge of Customer test and evaluation concepts and related engineering, acquisition, and operations activities as needed to support the T&E activities.
- Plan and Execute Performance Analysis.
- Review planned acquisition approaches to support T&E schedule alignment with decision maker needs for T&E support.
- Analyze performance risk areas to focus T&E planning.
- Apply Statistical Analysis of variations in performance behavior to characterize confidence in performance estimates.
- Select, develop, & use analysis tools.
- Execute the evaluation plan on data collected by the Testing Tasks.
- Plan and Execute Performance Data Collection.
- Plan program and event level testing for collection of data required for analysis and to synch T&E events with supported decision points.
- Establish and employ Data & Configuration Management capabilities.
- Support Data Authentication group functions; and comply with program Discrepancy Reporting criteria and processes.
- Assess operational and system performance requirements for testability and criticality to frame and prioritize T&E objectives and enable evaluation planning.
- Coordinate with program Systems Engineering (SE) and review T&E-related SE information to leverage functional analysis, system descriptions, parameter selection and dependencies, Modeling and Simulation, and initial performance risk assessments to inform evaluation planning.
- Assess operational environments and priorities for evaluation attention and scenario selection, and to coordinate user participation in T&E.
- Plan program and event level risk-tailored performance estimation and analysis of system and operational Effectiveness and Suitability metrics & conditions; levels of T&E include inspection, demonstration, paper analysis, survey, simulation, and physical test.
- Design surveys for evaluation of Subject Matter Expert (SME) input and user assessments of performance.
- Design data sampling schemes to optimize the information/resource balance and to control testing uncertainties.
- Select, coordinate, and calibrate Instrumentation, collection and data management tools, targets, & facilities.
- Ensure test readiness including training of test event participants re conduct of the event; equipment readiness, and security, legal, and privacy compliance arrangements.
- Participate in T&E WIPT and/or Integrated Test Team for coordination of data collection plans
- Execute Testing and Data Collection per plan.
- Produce associated Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports/Briefings.
- Define and provide technical direction and guidance for the Level 1 tasks to the Level 0 and Level 1 TEs assigned to the task.
- Recommend draft plans and reports from the Level 1 tasks for approval by the task leader.
- Maintain knowledge of current and evolving customer, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest.
- Provide overall leadership of the T&E task and serve as primary liaison to the customer for supporting contract coordination and task execution.
- Ensure the appropriate level of independence of the team from the solution provider to support government management of objectivity risk.
- Manage T&E resources and tasks; ensure quality assurance of test processes and products.
- Coordinate and integrate Evaluation and Testing tasks and products.
- Participate in T&E WIPT and/or Integrated Test Team as needed to ensure proper coordination of T&E activities.
- Drive innovation and responsiveness to program changes and evolving T&E status to help manage program risk: develop alternative courses of action, work-arounds, and fallback positions with a recommended course of action or each risk, and monitor and re-evaluate risks an appropriate milestones.
Eight (8) years’ experience as a TE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science,
Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or a elated discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional TE
experience maybe substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.