Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
- The Cyber Security Engineer will work as part of a Cyber Security team Security Operations Center (SOC) responsible for the monitoring of multiple classified cloud and on-premise environments for a government customer.
- The Cyber Security Engineer will architect, design, and implement solutions for security products such as Splunk, Elastic Stack, GuardDuty, etc.
- Operate Splunk components and maintain functionality to include: clustered environments, forwarder configuration, installing standard configuration files, conducting SPL queries, and developing Splunk applications.
- Paring and normalizing data sets for inclusion in SIEM tools for monitoring.
- Create Splunk dashboards, alerts, and reports.
- Conduct system analysis and user behavior analysis.
- Building and executing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for SIEM configuration and monitoring.
- Working with Engineers, Developers, and the ISSM, to document system settings and configurations as part of the Body of Evidence (BOE) for Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment and Authorization (A&A) packages in accordance with the NIST 800-53, Rev 4.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- DoD 8570 IAM/IAT Level II or III certification (Security+, CISSP, or equivalent)
- Splunk, Elastic Stack, or similar, experience configuring systems and queries and monitoring system and user behavior.
- REGEX, Bash, python, Ansible, or other scripting experience.
- Linux system administration experience.
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment.
- Experience building, securing, and/or monitoring Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, or equivalent)
- Splunk Certified Power User certification or higher
- Experience implementing DISA STIGs on Windows or Linux systems
- Ability to operate independently in Windows and Linux environments with command line competence in either/both.
- Ability to work in a matrixed team environment and support multiple efforts as needed.
- Active TS SCI in JPAS
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.