Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Contribute to full system development life cycle (SDLC) support with a focus on the development of application and embedded solutions that contribute to the satisfaction of mission needs. Apply expertise with COTS integration and custom development in C and Python to convert functional and technical requirements into mission solutions. Create level of effort and duration estimates for development activities. Work independently or on a team in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Break down program specifications into their simplest elements and translate into code.
- Clarify actions the program is intended to perform.
- Work as a part of a team to write a specific section of code.
- Combine all elements of a program design and test it.
- Work as an individual contributor to a team to develop software components.
- Write detailed documentation for the operation of the program by users.
- Lead a team to write a specific multiple sections of code.
- Establish detailed program specification through discussion with government stakeholders.
Shall have a minimum of a Bachelor of Computer Science or Computer Engineering and a minimum of six (6) years of software/system development work experience or a Masters of Computer Science or Computer Engineering with a minimum of four (4) years of experience, with expertise in two (2) or more of the following areas:
- System Requirements Analysis
- Software System Design
- Software System Development
- Software System Integration
- Software System Testing
In addition to the requirements above, the individual shall have at least five (5) years of work experience in three (3) or more of the following areas:
- Developing software applications in C, C++, or Java.
- Developing software applications for UNIX-like (e.g., Linux) or Windows environments.
- Development on computer telephony platforms using computer telephony cards such as Dialogic.
- Object-oriented design and programming.
- Working knowledge of common protocols/standards such as TCP/IP, SNMP, H.323, X.25, 802.11, 802.16, SIP, MEGACO, or MGCP.
- Web development, with proven knowledge of XML, PHP, MySQL, ColdFusion, or Apache.
- Script writing using Perl, Python, Bash, C shell, or other proprietary scripting languages.
- Database experience with MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or Microsoft.
- Reverse engineering and analysis of software.
- Kernel knowledge of UNIX-like systems (e.g., Linux).
- Bit-level data analysis.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.