Novetta is seeking an experienced Android Developer with Java skills to support a government customer with a Defensive Cyber Mission. Be part of an Agile development team focused on delivering unique android applications. The team develops 3-5 applications per year, working on several in parallel. You will design and build applications for Android devices on the Android platform; you will maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications; you will maintain code integrity. Must be a good communicator, willing to shift focus to match the mission priorities to design and launch new features. Passion for problem solving and a focus on detail is a bonus.
- 5+ years’ experience as a developer with a Bachelors in Science
- 3+ years’ experience with Android SDK and multiple versions of Android
- 3+ years’ experience with Java
- Experience with Android framework, as well as offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Must be familiar with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Experience with Android UI principles and best practices
- Experience with .NET, C#
- Experience with OS-level Android
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the available libraries
- Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications
- Knowledge and experience with code versioning tools such as Git and automated testing
- Active TS/SCI with Poly
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.