Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta is seeking a Site Security Officer to help manage and administer all aspects of industrial security programs in compliance with the DoD Manual, NISPOM, DCID’s, ICD’s and other applicable government security directives.
- Accountable for all day-to-day onsite security operations in our Herndon office.
- Perform multiple disciplines within security to include (but not limited to): personnel security for all access levels, security clearance activities, physical security of Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and collateral secure facilities including alarm responses, document control, visitor control, providing access briefings, completing/submitting access paperwork, conducting annual security audits to ensure compliance, and government directive implementation.
- Routinely interact with both internal and external customers in support of program-related activities.
- Work closely with the FSO and Novetta Security team to support all aspects of corporate security and ensure proper implementation of National Policy.
- 5+ years of industrial security experience as a contractor in the DoD and IC community with a successful track record of managing clearance processing and secure facilities up to the TS/SCI level.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated application of the U.S. Government security standards of NISPOM DoD 5220.22-M, Intelligence Community Directives, Security Executive Agent Directives, DoD SAP Security Manual, and the security processing and policies for the IC and DoD.
- Possess a high level of understanding and previous application of the ICD-705 Technical Specifications, to include, but not limited to; intrusion detection systems, access control devices, TEMPEST requirements, drawings/specifications, etc. for DoD and IC customers.
- Ability to work as a team player but also independently to identify, assess, & resolve unique security situations with innovative solutions geared to facilitate contract performance within the bounds of security requirements.
- Computer proficient on MS Office products and working knowledge of JPAS, DISS, e-QIP, SWFT, Scattered, and NISS applications.
- Professional demeanor, good people skills, ability to communicate effectively both written and orally, and be able to perform in a multi-tasked, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and experience with Intelligence Community and DoD programs.
- Working knowledge of Access Commander and Brivo applications.
- Must be a self-starter with initiative to work independently and interact with customer, work with limited direction and handle multiple projects on short timelines
- Ability to manage time, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyze problems, and provide focused solutions.
- Experience with secure communications. To include COMSEC Custodian training and working knowledge of COMSEC DIAS accounting software and procedures.
- Track record of security excellence in a fast-paced multi-compartmented work environment with the ability to forecast unforeseen issues and prepare corrective action plans.
- Professional membership (ISWG, NCMS, ISAC, CSSWG, etc.) of a Security Association
- SPeD certifications
- Must have current and active SSBI security investigation and TS/SCI with poly.
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.