Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta is currently seeking multiple TS/SCI Data Scientists to fill immediate openings located in Springfield, VA. The selected candidate should have extensive experience in a relative field such as quantitative methods, statistics, or analytic methodologies. The selected candidates may be required to deploy forward up to 10% of the time into operational areas or other remote sites.
- Responsible to support quantitative and qualitative integrated assessments of research questions across entire projects to assess the uncertainties (uncertainty includes work scope gaps, normal estimating, variability/error, and risk events) associated with integrated baseline activities and assists in the implementation of the risk mitigation actions
- Qualitative simulations may be performed to forecast an accurate and realistic project schedule to anticipate potential areas of high risk and uncertainty
- Perform advanced risk analysis across all government requirements, organizational missions, and activities
- Explores data sets and verifies data quality to gain an understanding of relevant data, then identifies differences in data distribution that could affect performance when deploying the machine learning model in an operational environment
- Identify data sets of machine learning tests and use cases
- Develops and tunes machine learning model’s hyper parameters
- Function independently and can present/defend/communicate the results and ideas to key decision makers
- Proficient with deep learning frameworks, and extensive experience with programming languages such as Python, R, MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Tableau, Hadoop, Spark, and basic libraries (such as scikit-learn and pandas)
- Experience in visualizing and manipulating big data sets, including leaflet, plotly, D3, and ggplot
- Familiar with Linux / Red Hat platforms, and proficient with OpenCV
- Demonstrated background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Streaming device metadata understanding: Understand how to log and capture streaming device metadata
- Modeling familiarity: Ability to understand how to optimize datasets for use in computational models
- Network & Transport understanding: Should have an awareness of network architecture and ensuring low-latency database hookups and calls
- Graph Indexing: Ability to develop logical connections between disparate data via indexing in an efficient manner, and building/understanding graph algorithms to maximize value of retained data
- AWS familiarity: Ability to use and manage AWS instances as well as coding lambda functions (etc) to minimize expenditure while maximizing throughput
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance required
- Willing to undergo polygraph examination
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.