Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
We are seeking a TS/SCI cleared Linux Field Service Engineer, located in Springfield, VA to be responsible for maintaining mission essential systems while providing direct support to end users in an operational environment.
- Be proficient supporting a distributed LINUX server and Database environment - Virtual and Physical.
- Problem solve complex IT topics and take initiative to recommend and implement solutions.
- Positive attitude and user support oriented, willingness to teach and advise on technical and functional issues.
- Be required to meet short notice operational requirements.
- 5+ years experience supporting Linux/Unix systems in an enterprise production environment.
- Expert Linux knowledge of RedHat, CentOS, Scientific Linux or similar Linux/Unix systems.
- TCP/IP networking knowledge including addressing, sub-netting, routing, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with system administrative scripting. (bash, Python, etc.).
- Experience with modern server deployment techniques including templates, kick starting, and configuration management systems, etc.
- No-SQL database server deployment and management (Cassandra, Mongodb, etc.).
- SQL database experience (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
- Experience with deployment and configuration of monitoring systems (Nagios, Cacti, etc.).
- Strong understanding of security concepts including but not limited to firewalls, encryption, identity management, and hardening.
- Experience implementing security best practices in production environments.
- Experience with deploying and maintaining IT automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Salt, etc.).
- Experience and knowledge of DNS configuration and best practices.
- Experience with Data management and disaster recovery processes.
- Experience with mission critical Enterprise level systems and IT operations, aka "5 Nines".
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Interact and collaborate with war-fighters on a daily basis.
- Collect customer requirements and train users.
- Willingness to work occasional long hour days and weekends when necessary.
- Desire to learn new technologies to share and build knowledge with the teams.
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance required.
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.