Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
- Utilizes Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana/Beats (The Elastic Stack) technology to support an important Department of Defense mission.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis system level to individual software components
- Designs, implements, and integrates software applications or performs software engineering tasks
- Utilizes software engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development, integration, and production environment
- Ensures efficient delivery of software engineering capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Selects the software development processes in coordination with the customer and system engineering.
- Recommends new technologies and processes for complex software projects.
- Ensures quality control of all developed and modified software.
- Education and Relevant Experience Requirements
- HS Diploma or Equivalent and 10+ years
- Associate Degree and 8+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6+ years
- Masters Degree and 4+ years
- Ph.D. and 2+ years
- Systems engineering/administration experience with Elastic Stack clusters in elastic scaling cloud environments or on-premise implementations.
- Experience with Elastic Stack cluster architecture, design and deployment.
- Experience using an automation/orchestration solution such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.
- Familiarity with data indexing concepts.
- Willingness to become an Elastic Stack expert and earn the Elastic Certified Engineer certification.
- DoD 8570 Level I and applicable Computing Environment (CE) certifications (these will be required to be obtained/maintained)
- Experience with DoDAF -e.g. Operational Views, System Views, etc
- Experience with Elasticsearch Painless scripting language
- Experience as a Linux Engineer/Administrator
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) -e.g. EC2, CloudWatch, Management Console, VPC, etc
- Certification with AWS -e.g. DevOps, Solutions Architect, Developer
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.