Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta is looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer looking for an exciting and intellectually challenging environment
focused on Computer Network Operation (CNO) missions. Novetta has a new opportunity for Software
Engineers to support exciting projects in Northern Virginia. Ideal candidates must possess strong
analytical skills, have an aptitude for creatively solving problems, and be eager to take on hard and
challenging projects in the security research fields and operations. They must also possess strong verbal
and written communication skills, enjoy working collaboratively on a team and aspire to continuous
learning and development of their tradecraft.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering from an accredited university/college. Will consider relevant work experience in lieu of a degree.
• Clearance: Active Top-Secret Clearance
Skills / Capabilities:
• Must have recent work experience on a major program, project, or activity.
• Must have a minimum of ten (10) years recent experience in the direct performance of a major program, project, or activity relating to computer software development at the user and kernel level, computer programming, and/or computer digital forensics.
• Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience in participating in agile software development practices and team design sessions; experience working on a software development team; demonstrated problem solving ability with the ability to explore and evaluate many possible solutions to problems.
• Working knowledge of modern computing paradigms and environments such as NoSQL systems, cloud computing and virtualization, parallel programming, network programming, mobile development, and interface development.
• Experience with end-to-end software development activities in Linux/Windows/Unix/Web environments, software development tools including IDEs (Eclipse, IntelliJ, and Emacs), version control systems (Git, and Svn) and bug tracking systems (e.g. Jira, Bugzilla, Fogbugz)
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.