Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
The Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) shall perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies. Routine activities include help determine, plan, and coordinate the IT security programs and policies, provide direction and support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program, provide security guidance and support to system developers, administrators, and owners, provide guidance and support for directed changes related to security. Assess the security impact of changes to the system, help maintain the Security documentation, such as SSPs, conduct security assessments on systems in support of system authorization. Support AO/DAO, SCA, and ISSM on system Assessment and Authorization (A&A) duties to obtain and maintain ATOs, conduct daily review of and respond to security related tickets, utilize COTS/GOTS to communicate system status and compliance, provide guidance and direction to more junior members of the IA team. May be required to respond to after-hours requests as required in a 24 x 7 environment.
- Twenty (20) years’ experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of experience,
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required
- Four (4) years of additional ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- DoD 8570.01-M compliance with IASAE Level 2
- CISSP Certification
- Windows or Linux SA experience
- Network Admin experience
- AWS experience
- Experience with an audit reduction and tool such as Splunk
- Experience with a vulnerability scanner such as Nessus
- Experience with Xacta, LatteArt
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.