Novetta has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and accomplished Database Engineer who shall participate in the customer requirement definition phase, provide design recommendations, and conduct the database application development. The Database Engineer shall evaluate design and implementation of existing database and application systems to ensure optimal efficiency and performance of deployed systems and participate in project test activities. The Database Engineer shall work with the Project Manager and other team members to gather requirements and design and implement applications in alignment with the project schedule. The Database Engineer shall identify data sources, construct data decomposition diagrams, provide data flow diagrams and document the process. Additionally the Database Engineer shall write code for database access, modifications and constructions including stored procedures. The Database Engineer shall incorporate best practices, standards and processes as well as draw on team expertise to provide timely, technically sound recommendations that meet customer requirements.
- Eight (8) years demonstrated experience in database development for relational and/or cloud-based databases.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for six (6) years’ experience.
- Four (4) years combined experience in at least 3 of the following for relational and/or cloud-based databases:
- Database development and software engineering/development
- Database Design and Data Modeling
- Writing Java code to access a database using JDBC or Open Database Connectivity (ODBC)
- Requirements analysis/generation
- Developing systems and software architectures
- Using cloud technologies (e.g., MapReduce, BigTable, Hadoop)
- Two (2) years demonstrated experience leading teams on small to mid-size development efforts and in each phase of the development life cycle.
- Two (2) years demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining automated installation scripts.
- Demonstrated experience developing database solutions in a multi-tiered environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Public Key technologies (e.g., Public Key based authentication mechanisms) for applications, enabling, row and column security, Virtual Private Databases, and dynamically loading data to a database from XML.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- An active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph clearance is required to start
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.