Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and accomplished Database Administrator who shall provide database administration for development and production environments, provide database application support to development teams, consult with software development teams on database schema design optimization, and engage in ongoing database performance tuning efforts to assure optimal performance for database applications. The Database Administrator – Mid Level shall create and maintain performance benchmarks and metrics, make recommendations on hardware and software specifications for optimal database performance, administer Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL database servers, support certification and accreditation activities, and perform all duties related to on-going operation of the database infrastructure. Tasks shall include, but not be limited to, database and application troubleshooting, installation, backups, configuration and performance tuning, development support, scripting, and producing documentation. Assist with all duties related to on-going operation of the database infrastructure. This labor category requires DoD 8570 compliance – at minimum, IAT Category, Level II.
- Eight (8) years demonstrated experience designing, developing and/or maintaining databases, data warehouses or multidimensional databases.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for six (6) years’ experience.
- Four (4) years demonstrated direct experience administering database servers (e.g Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL). Experience shall include database installation, configuration, performance tuning and backups.
- Four (4) years demonstrated experience administering database servers and/or cloud-based systems. Particular type of database server will be dependent on the position being filled. Experience shall include database installation, configuration, performance tuning and backups.
- Four (4) years demonstrated experience administering database security configurations (e.g., Oracle Label Security).
- Two (2) years demonstrated experience with scripting languages.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- An active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph clearance is required to start
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.