Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and accomplished Cloud Software Engineer to perform as part of a cross-functional team.
- Shall have at least five (5) years’ experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution
- Shall have at least four (4) years of experience developing software with java and other high-level languages such as C, C++
- Shall have demonstrated ability to work with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Map Reduce programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Shall have demonstrated work experience developing Restful services
- Shall have at least three (3) years’ experience developing software for UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Shall have demonstrated work experience in supporting requirements analysis and design of at least one Object Oriented system
- Shall have demonstrated work experience developing solutions integrating and extending Free and Open Source Software(FOSS)/COTS products
- Shall have at least two (2) years experience in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts
- Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated technical documents in support of a software development project
- In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated experience, work or college level courses, in at least two (2) of the desired characteristics
- Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment
- Understanding of Big-Data Cloud Scalability (i.e. Amazon, Google, Facebook)
- Hadoop/Cloud Developer Certification
- Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms
- Experience with taxonomy construction for analytic disciplines, knowledge areas and skills
- Experience developing and deploying: data driven analytics; event driven analytics; sets of analytics orchestrated through rules engines
- Experience documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications
- Experience developing and deploying analytics within a heterogeneous schema environment
Security Clearance Requirements:
- An active Secret clearance is required to start
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.