Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success. At Novetta, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of diversity and inclusion by embracing our differences and perspectives - making us a stronger, more successful company.
Novetta is seeking a Senior System Administrator who shall direct and implement hardware and software installations; plan, direct, and implement system upgrades; and plan and direct implementation of hardware and software patches. The System Administrator – Senior Level shall evaluate software and security-related problems; propose and direct implementation of solutions to resolve issues; and plan and direct the implementation of system backups and recovery. They shall develop processes and standard operating procedures to maintain system configurations, user accounts, permissions, and data files, directories and folders; manage system health and status to ensure availability, reliability and data integrity; conduct training, maintain documentation, and provide front line customer support for IT related problems; and provide input to the design of systems and mission architecture. The System Administrator – Senior Level shall analyze and resolve complex problems associated with server hardware, applications and software integration. This labor category requires DoD 8570 compliance – at minimum, IAT Category, Level II.
- Sixteen (16) years demonstrated experience in service-based, web-based, and non web based application design and development, to include experience with back end database architectures, relational and cloud-based, and full lifecycle software development. A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for six (6) years’ experience.
- Eight (8) years combined experience in each of the following:
- system backup/restore procedures
- system security practices
- system tuning
- user administration
- software and hardware installation and maintenance
- file management and system troubleshooting
- operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix/Solaris, LINUX) and storage filers (e.g., NetApp, Isolon)
- system accreditation support
- system configurations
- Two (2) years demonstrated experience leading teams on small to midsize software development activities.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- TS/SCI with favorable polygraph
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.