Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
We are seeking a data-minded software engineer who is excited about solving national security-related data problems. If you are energized by microservices, data manipulation, cloud architecture, and systems analytics - this is the position for you.
- Leverage Amazon Web Services to build scalable data infrastructure
- Extract intelligence and analytics from a variety of data sources
- Work with technologies such as Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Ansible, Docker, and Swarm
- Design and build data services for consumption by clients and other services
- Academic degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, etc.)
- 8+ years experience supporting Linux/Unix systems in an enterprise production environment
- 8+ years of Linux experience of RedHat, CentOS, Scientific Linux or similar Linux/Unix systems
- 8+ years of experience with system administrative scripting (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Experience deploying and managing cloud infrastructure (CloudFormation, CloudWatch, etc.)
- Strong understanding of security concepts including firewalls, encryption, identity management, and hardening
- Experience with deploying and maintaining IT automation tools (Ansible, Nessus, Nexus, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with containerized microservices and Docker
- Comfortable collaborating and communicating across functional borders
- Passion for mission-focused infrastructure to ensure performance and availability of system and environment
- Ability to schedule and coordinate system maintenance activities to reduce the impact on the production environment
- Ability to verify release package adherence to quality standards before deployment to the production environment
- Ability to coordinate with development teams to ensure smooth system operations and deployments
- Experience with monitoring and maintaining a real-time production system
- Experience with managing development across multiple environments
- Willingness to learn new technologies and share knowledge with the team
- Identification of areas of improvement in a production system
- Interest in scaling systems on AWS
- Experience automating pieces of the software lifecycle for a full CI/CD pipeline
- Database administration (e.g., Oracle, Postgres, Elasticsearch)
- Associate-level AWS certification
- Must possess an active U.S. Government Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain SCI access within a reasonable, customer-mandated time frame.
- Must be willing and able to pass a counterintelligence (CI) polygraph examination.
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.