Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
The Cyber Security Analyst will work as part of a Cyber Security team Security Operations Center (SOC) responsible for the monitoring of multiple classified cloud and on-premise environments for a government customer.
- Investigate anomalies, alerts, and user / system behavior for a classified system using SIEM tools.
- Conduct Threat Hunting and triage security incidents and system anomalies.
- Create and manage Splunk queries, dashboards, alerts, reports, etc., to provide monitoring improvements and visualizations for system settings and user activity.
- Provide monitoring oversight for networked enterprise SOCs and interface with SOC leadership for incident management.
- Create Requests for Information (RFIs) and open/manage incidents for security events on the system.
- Operate Splunk components and maintain functionality, to include: clustered environments, forwarder configuration, installing standard configuration files, and conducting SPL queries.
- Building and executing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for SIEM configuration and monitoring.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Analytics, or related field
- DoD 8570 IAM/IAT Level II or III certification (Security+, CISSP, or equivalent)
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or conducting system monitoring using a SIEM tool.
- Experience analyzing large data sets.
- Splunk, Elastic Stack, or similar, experience configuring systems, writing queries, and monitoring system and user behavior.
- REGEX or other scripting experience
- Experience building, securing, and/or monitoring Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, or equivalent)
- Splunk Certified Power User certification or higher
- Certified Ethical Hacker certification.
- Experience implementing or managing a CSSP.
- Experience implementing DISA STIGs on Windows or Linux systems
- Ability to work in a matrixed team environment and support multiple efforts as needed.
- Active Top Secret//SCI clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.