Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta is looking for an experienced vulnerability researcher and/or reverse engineer looking for an exciting and intellectually
challenging environment focused on embedded and IoT devices. Novetta has a new opportunity for
Mobile Security Researchers to support exciting projects in Northern Virginia. Ideal candidates must
possess strong analytical skills, have an aptitude for creatively solving problems, and be eager to take on
hard and challenging projects in the security research fields and operations. They must also possess
strong verbal and written communication skills, enjoy working collaboratively on a team and aspire to
continuous learning and development of their tradecraft.
This person will be working with a team of security professionals supporting a government customer’s real-world cyber
mission by applying innovative thinking to problems that are difficult to solve. Candidates should be
comfortable with learning new technologies and highly motivated to develop and deploy cutting edge
technologies. You must be security focused and driven to perform in a fast-paced environment.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer and Information Security Computer Security,
and/or Network Administration from an accredited university/college. Will consider relevant work
experience in lieu of a degree
• Must have recent work experience on a major program, project, or activity.
• Must have a minimum of three (3) years recent experience in the direct performance of a major program,
project, or activity relating to vulnerability research, reverse engineering, or related computer-security
• Demonstrated programming proficiency, and/or in-depth knowledge of mobile device operating systems and security practices.
• Prior experience working as part of a security team is highly desirable.
• Relevant computer, networking and security certifications are also highly desirable.
• Ideal candidate would have significant experience working as a penetration tester or functioning in a Red Team or operational
• Strong exploitation background, including prior work in hardware engineering, construction, testing, or installation
• Relevant experience working with Windows, Linux, OSX, Android, and iOS, especially related to exploitation or systems security.
• Experience with cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or other wireless technologies
• Prior experience in networking, to include network engineering, network architectures, traffic analysis or troubleshooting
• Theoretical or working knowledge of security exploit techniques
• Development skills, including Java Script, Python, PHP, or C
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.