Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
The Incident Response Analyst will be responsible for monitoring enterprise networks and systems, detecting events and reporting on any and all threats that are directed against those systems regardless of their classification level or type. The Incident Response Analyst is expected to collaborate with leadership to develop metrics based on situational awareness and threat monitoring at an enterprise level that will be reported based on the approved plan and supporting checklists. The Incident Response Analyst must be able to rapidly address security.
The Incident Response Analyst shall orient their skill sets to the following tools (this is not a complete inventory):
- ArcSight SIEM
- RSA Netwitness
- Sourcefire (Snort)
- Bro IDS
- Fidelis XPS
- HB Gary Active Defense
The Incident Response Analyst may perform any or all of the following: Provides support for complex computer network exploitation and defense techniques to include deterring, identifying and investigating computer and network intrusions; providing incident response and remediation support; performing comprehensive computer surveillance/monitoring, identifying vulnerabilities; developing secure network designs and protection strategies, and audits of information security infrastructure. Provides technical support for continuous monitoring, computer exploitation and reconnaissance; target mapping and profiling; and, network decoy and deception operations in support of computer intrusion defense operations. Provides technical support for forensics services to include evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis and data recovery, in support of computer crime investigation. Researches and maintains proficiency in open and closed source computer exploitation tools, attack techniques, procedures and trends. Performs research into emerging threat sources and develops threat profiles. Provides technical support for a comprehensive risk management program identifying mission critical processes and systems; current and projected threats; and system vulnerabilities.
- Active Top Secret clearance required with the ability to obtain an SCI
- Minimum of six (6) years of general work experience and three (3) years of relevant experience in functional responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or an equivalent combination of formal education, experience.
- Candidate should have strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Candidate should have concise writing skills, excellent MS Word skills as well as other MS Office Applications
- Experience with securing various environments preferred.
- Experience working a SOC and doing incident response is preferred.
- Experience and education preferred in CEH, eCPPT, OSCP, GCFW, GCIH, other relevant IT security certifications, or advanced vendor certifications such as Splunk Certified Architect or SourceFire Certified Administrator; Security+, Network+, GSEC, or other relevant IT security product certifications such as Tenable Certified Nessus Auditor, ArcSite Certified Systems Analyst, or SnortCP CISSP, CISM, or ISO 27001
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.