Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
The Digital Forensics Analyst will execute digital forensics tasks supporting a US Department of Defense customer. The
digital forensics team will not operate in a classical information security role, but rather perform analysis on software,
tools, capabilities, and infrastructure that the broader Novetta team creates for the end customer for use in their
mission operations. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with industry accepted forensic tools and
techniques, experience with malware analysis, and familiarity with threat hunt and red team operations and concepts.
●Active Secret clearance and eligibility for TS/SCI
● Minimum of three (3) years of experience in cybersecurity/IT
● Minimum of one (1) year of digital forensics experience
● Hands-on experience with industry accepted forensic tools: FTK Imager, EnCase, Nuix
● Understanding of network forensics, on-disk forensics, in-memory forensics
● Familiarity with dynamic malware analysis tools and techniques
● Experience in Windows 7/10 and Linux environments
● Understanding Windows and Linux operating systems network behavior
● Understanding of malware exploitation, loading, storage, and persistence mechanisms
● Understanding of network protocols and packet analysis tools
● Familiarity with threat hunt operations and the ability to compare malware capabilities against existing security
● Familiarity with advanced cyber adversary tactics, malware, and tools/infrastructure
● Ability to work within a tight-knit team of 4-6 digital forensics analysts/engineers
● Ability to communicate highly technical concepts to a non-technical audience
● Ability to author deliverable digital forensics and malware reverse engineering reports
● Ability to travel periodically to CONUS locations for customer meetings
●Education: BS degree in technical discipline
● Clearance: TS/SCI greatly preferred, but Secret is minimum
● Certifications: GCFA, GCFE, GREM, GCIH, GCIA, EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE), AccessData Certified Examiner
Security Clearance: Secret
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.