Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
The Digital Forensics Team Lead will build and run an advanced digital forensics team supporting a US Department of
Defense customer. The digital forensics team will not operate in a classical information security role, but rather perform
analysis on software, tools, capabilities, and infrastructure that the broader Novetta team creates for the end customer
for use in their mission operations. The Team Lead will recruit team members, conduct planning, oversee execution of
analysis, interface with tool software engineers, create reports and briefings, and interact with end customer representatives.
● Active Secret clearance and eligibility for TS/SCI
● Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in cybersecurity with increasing responsibilities
● Minimum of five (5) years of digital forensics experience
● Expert understanding of network forensics, on-disk forensics, in-memory forensics
● Expert understanding dynamic malware analysis tools and techniques
● Hands-on experience with static malware analysis tools and techniques and malware reverse engineering
● Hands-on experience with industry accepted forensic tools: FTK Imager, EnCase, Nuix
● Experience in Windows 7/10 and Linux environments
● Deep understanding Windows and Linux operating systems network behavior
● Expert understanding of network protocols and packet analysis tools
● Familiarity with Red Team operations and penetration testing
● Familiarity with threat hunt operations and the ability to compare malware capabilities against existing security
● Familiarity with advanced cyber adversary tactics, malware, and tools/infrastructure
● Ability to lead team of 4-6 digital forensics analysts/engineers
● Ability to mentor and teach junior and mid-level analysts
● Ability to communicate highly technical concepts to a non-technical audience
● Ability to author and oversee collaboration on deliverable digital forensics and malware reverse engineering
● Ability to travel periodically to CONUS locations for customer meetings
●Education: BS degree in technical discipline
● Clearance: TS/SCI greatly preferred, but Secret is minimum
● Certifications: GCFA, GCFE, GREM, GCIH, GCIA, EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE), AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE)
Security Clearance: Secret to start
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.