Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
We are seeking a senior software engineer who is excited about solving national security related software problems. The position is responsible for developing Java microservices using the Spring ecosystem. The development, test, and production environments are all cloud based (AWS). This project uses development best practices including CI/CD, infrastructure automation, code reviews, and conducts development in an agile scrum team.
- Build a microservices based system using Spring boot and Spring cloud
- Use Amazon Web Services to build scalable infrastructure
- Interact with a large data warehouse on AWS
- Utilize DevOps best practices
- 8 or more years of experience in software development with a Bachelors in Computer Science or related fields or 6 or more years with a Masters in Computer Science or related fields
- 4 or more years of experience working with web/service frameworks
- AWS Developers or Solutions Architect Associate certification
- Spring framework
- Interest In:
- Building microservices
- Scaling systems on AWS
- Building rich data driven web applications
- Pair programming
- Experience with:
- Working on a cross functional team
- Hadoop ecosystem (HBase, Phoenix, EMR)
- DevOps best practices (continuous integration, infrastructure as code, automated deployment)
- Comfortable with:
- Interaction with analysts to help drive requirements
- Conducting code reviews and mentoring junior software engineers
- Agile development
Security Clearance: Must currently possess an active US government Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain SCI access within a reasonable, customer-mandated time frame. Must be willing and able to pass a counterintelligence (CI) polygraph examination
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.