Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta is seeking a Data Scientist (Journeyman) in the role of the Maritime Safety Office for second shift 1500-2300.This position is to provide both digital and hardcopy maritime products, services, and data to support worldwide Safety of Navigation. Without accurate and up-to-date nautical products, military platforms are at increased risk when they conduct operations, transport personnel and deliver material. The U.S. Navy has made it clear to NGA that it will continue to require both digital and hard copy maritime products for the foreseeable future. Services procured under this contract will primarily support the production and maintenance of Maritime GEOINT at NCE facilities.
- Collect, process, and perform data analysis
- Integrate, centralize, protect, and maintain data in a DBMS
- Clean, massage, and organize data
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Conduct undirected research and frame open-ended industry / customer questions
- Recommend cost-effective changes to existing procedures and strategies
- Communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner using story-telling / visualization
- Create / maintain tools to extract features from a variety of sources including raster to vector, vector to vector, text to vector, and text to database.
- Write / maintain Python Scripts in ARCGIS to improve efficiency of the production process.
- Support Business Processing Re-Engineering
- Perform Data Conversion/migration
- Perform Business Analytics
- Work with the Government on new production capabilities / services
- 3 to 10 years of programming skills with the ability to write / maintain scripts, including Python scripts and Java and familiarity of querying with SQL.
- Advanced knowledge in data science, including the areas of data services, modeling, and analytics.
- Advanced knowledge of geospatial data management including data type conversion; coordinate systems (latitude and longitude, UTM) and their conversions; and knowledge of projections and their properties / conversions.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with data quality control tools including ArcGIS Data ReViewer.
- Proficient with ESRI Workflow Manager WMX and TAM.
- Experience with combining digital cartography, computer technology, GIS, cartographic and geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, photogrammetry, and digital data formats.
- Ability to clean / prune data to discard irrelevant information
- Ability to examine data from a variety of angles to determine hidden value, weaknesses, trends, and / or opportunities
- Advanced knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS and ArcServer.
- Knowledge of database systems and architecture (ORACLE, PostgresSQL, NoSQL (MongoDB), Microsoft Access)
- Ability writing SQL
- Understanding cloud architecture and DevOps
- Knowledge of symbolization rules (how symbols are used to portray features)
- Knowledge of generalization rules.
- Experience working with geospatial data in a multi-user enterprise environment (i.e., versioning data)
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence, natural language processing, and machine to-machine learning.
- Knowledge of Metrics dissemination
- Ability to convert unstructured data into structured data
Security Clearance: Top Secret SCI
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.