Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta is seeking a highly motivated mid-level Information System Security Officer (ISSO) looking for hands-on experience and opportunity for career growth in support of an AWS cloud-based network ecosystem involving Linux and Microsoft services. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a fast-paced team of world-class engineers to modernize our customer’s global network, infrastructure, and services by applying your A&A skills. You will have the opportunity to shape, influence, and enable security compliance policies and to streamline the traditional RMF process by stewarding DevOpsSec concepts.
- Support software accreditation and strategic adherence to all aspects of the Information Assurance (IA) program as stipulated by various USG requirements including (but not limited to): Director of Central Intelligence Directives (DCID), Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503 and associated NIST publications
- Preparation of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures
- Work with software development teams to provide guidance and oversight into the implementation of security controls and other related security best practices
- Utilize automated security tools to track and manage vulnerabilities of the software development process. Tools include: Splunk, Nessus, McAfee
- Interface with other IA teams, program personnel, and government security representatives
- Demonstratable experience in Assessment and Authorization (A&A) using Risk Management Framework (RMF) and/or Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503, and client Security Technical Implementation Guidance (STIGs)
- Demonstratable experience coordinating the process between Security Controls Assessors (SCAs) and development teams, managing and contributing to System Security Plans, Security Control Traceability Matrices, Software/Security Configuration Management, etc.
- Knowledge of creating and maintaining Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to resolve security findings within a defined schedule as needed.
- A working knowledge of standard security mechanisms for compliance such as public key infrastructure, encryption, network access control lists, white listing, blacklisting, identity and access management, etc.
- Possess and maintain required DoDD 8140 certification (Security+ minimum, CISSP/CASP preferred)
- Understanding of classified networks, systems and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Familiarization with Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 199 and 200, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-37 Revision 1, Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems‟, Committee on National Security Systems Instructions (CNSSI) 1253, and NIST SP 800-53
- AWS Professional Level Certification (Solutions Architect, SysOps, Developer, DevOps)
- Masters Degree in Cyber Security, Information Assurance or related field
- Experience with MS Active Directory, Splunk, ACAS/Nessus, McAfee, Windows, Linux, AWS Security, etc.
- Must have an active TS/SCI
- Must be willing and able to successfully complete CI polygraph
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.