Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer located in Boston, to work as part of a team to design and implement software solutions in support of Novetta Mission Analytics (NMA). NMA is a cloud-based, web application designed around efficiently ingesting large sets of data, performing curation and metadata enrichment, and aiding in the visualization and analysis of the enhanced data. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of technologies including Webpack, Svelte, Elasticsearch, Citus, Kubernetes, Docker, Machine Learning, GraphQL, and others.
In this role you will:
- Implement high-quality, high-performance software
- Design and implement software solutions to complex problems
- Actively participate in the agile software development life cycle (SDLC) from design to implementation and deployment
- Assist software engineering leadership with application architecture and capability design.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with software applications in production environments
- Perform reviews of newly implemented source code
- Mentor junior software engineers on development best practices
- Collaborate with a team of software engineers, data scientists, and analysts to provide the best NMA solution possible
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience designing, implementing, debugging, and patching customer-facing software
- 3+ years of experience with software integrated development environments (IDE) and version control systems (VCS)
- Experience with PostgreSQL or Elasticsearch
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming fundamentals and basic knowledge of good software architecture patterns and practices
- Strong communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, focus on quality, and the ability to work independently.
- Experience creating web service APIs with REST, GraphQL, and WebSockets
- Experience practicing Agile methodologies within a software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience working with a micro-services architecture
- Experience with Docker or other container technologies
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Self-motivated, innovative, interested in pursuing new technical areas and technologies
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to get a Government Clearance
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.