Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
We are seeking a data minded hadoop engineer who is excited about solving national security related data problems. If data pipelines, cloud infrastructure, and automation is something you would be energized to work on, this is the position for you.
- Manipulate and store large amounts of data with an eye to performance and efficiency
- Work with technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem such as HBase, Spark, Phoenix
- Automate deployment and ingestion of data
- Design and build data services for consumption by application developers
- 6 or more years of experience in software/system development
- 2 or more years of experience working with data technologies
- Bachelor’s in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Interest In:
- Building data services
- Scaling systems on AWS - Elastic MapReduce
- Building and Managing large performant data pipelines
- Experience with:
- Working on a cross functional team
- Delivering big data solutions
- Amazon Web Services
- DevOps best practices - Jenkins
- Debugging data pipeline issues
- Comfortable with:
- Interaction with analysts to help drive big data analytics
- Agile development
- Hands on system engineering tasks
- Must currently possess an active US government Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain SCI access within a reasonable, customer-mandated time frame. Must be willing and able to pass a counterintelligence (CI) polygraph examination
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.