Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
We are seeking a data minded software engineer who is excited about solving national security related data problems. If data pipelines, cloud infrastructure, and extracting analytics from a multitude of data sources is something you would be energized to work on, this is the position for you.
- Leverage Amazon Web Services to build scalable data infrastructure
- Extract intelligence and analytics from a variety of data sources
- Work with technologies such as Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Docker and Swarm
- Design and build data services for consumption by clients and other services
- Continuously implement security measures to protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks
- Academic degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, etc.);
- 2+ years experience supporting Linux/Unix systems in an enterprise production environment.
- 2+ years of Linux experience of RedHat, CentOS, Scientific Linux or similar Linux/Unix systems
- 2+ years of experience with system administrative scripting. (bash, Python, etc)
- Experience deploying and managing cloud infrastructure. (CloudFormation, Cloudwatch, etc)
- Strong understanding of security concepts including but not limited to firewalls, encryption, identity management, and hardening
- Experience implementing security best practices in production environments
- Experience with deploying and maintaining IT automation tools (Ansible, Nessus, Nexus, etc)
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Support mission-focused infrastructure to ensure performance and availability of system and environment
- Schedule and coordinate system maintenance activities to reduce impact to production environment
- Verifying release packages adhere to quality standards before deploying to production environment
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management
- Experience with Python (2+ years).
- Experience with machine learning or statistics (2+ years).
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- High levels of curiosity, creativity, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable navigating the command line.
- Work directly with development team to ensure systems and deployed and monitored well
- Willing to learn new technologies and share knowledge with the team
- Identify areas of improvement and ways to continually improve the systems
- Interested in containerized workloads
- Interested in scaling systems on AWS
- Interested in automating pieces of the software life cycle for a full CI/CD pipeline
- Database administration (e.g. Oracle, Postgres, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with RiskVision
- Associate-level AWS certification
- An active TS Clearance with eligibility for SCI access
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.