Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Perform in-depth knowledge of Information Retrieval: assisting the software development team in designing, developing and testing Cloud Information Retrieval. Implement complex workflows that manage Cloud MapReduce analytics. Implement code that interacts with Cloud Distributed Coordination Frameworks. Oversee one or more software development tasks and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular-project. Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Eight (8) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Two (2) years of which must be in programs utilizing Big-Data cloud technologies and/or Distributed Computing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional cloud software engineering experience maybe substituted for a bachelor’s degree or
- Master’s in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
- Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer certification may be substituted for one (1) year of Cloud experience.
- Two (2) years of Cloud and/or distributed Computing Information Retrieval (IR).
- One (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with implementation of Cloud Big Table.
- One (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with implementation of Cloud Distributed File System.
- One (1) year of experience with implementing complex MapReduce analytics.
- One (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with Cloud Distributed Coordination Frameworks.
- Experience with MapReduce, Pig, Cloud experience,
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active TS/SCI with favorable polygraph
So, what does Novetta do?
Novetta is an advanced big data analytics company with over two decades of experience solving problems of national significance for government agencies and commercial enterprises worldwide. We have pioneered disruptive technologies and solutions in four key areas of advanced analytics: data, cyber, open source/media, and multi-int analytics. Our specialties include data fusion and entity analytics, digital forensics, software development, geospatial intelligence, biometrics and identify intelligence, cyber/network security services, threat detection, malware analysis, signals processing, cloud analytics, ISR, discovery workflow engineering, systems engineering, and SOC support.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.