Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
We're looking for a driven, team player that thrives in a small team environment with exceptional problem-solving skills and a demonstrated proficiency in critical analysis and abstract reasoning. The candidate should possess a strong sense of observation and the ability to translate them into technical solutions. In this position, the candidate will become well versed in the Agile development methodologies and demonstrate proficiency with developing high-performance, scalable systems leveraging open source technologies while adhering to all DoD standards, regulations, policies, and directives.
- Design, development, implementation, and maintenance of an enterprise-level, multi-user, big data aggregation, analysis, and reporting system
- Support all phases of the Software/Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Work closely with multiple DoD customers providing technical guidance, documentation, and presentation support as needed for all supported efforts
- Provide direct technical guidance and support to both the development and sustainment teams as necessary
- Conduct analysis and review of existing GOTS/COTS software and provide recommendations as needed
- Support Certification & Accreditation efforts for all supported systems as necessary
- Attend meetings, demo custom software, capture requirements, and serve as a technical representative for all supported systems as needed
- Strong grasp of software design patterns and effective development methodologies
- Demonstrated proficiency in Java programming, software design, debugging, analysis, and problem solving
- Demonstrated experience writing commercial-grade software applications
- Understanding of multi-threading and real-time software architectures
- Experience producing architectural designs for team consumption
- Minimum 3 years experience with RESTful Web Services
- Experience in the development of enterprise web applications using any or all of:
- Spring Framework, including Spring Boot, MVC, Security, Data, etc.
- Hibernate and/or JPA
- Oracle or other RDBMS
- Understanding of object-oriented programming and other modern software design principles
- Experience writing elegant, readable, maintainable code
- Willingness and drive to follow and keep abreast of industry best practices, patterns, and methodologies
- Passion for delivering high-quality software, constantly striving for improvement, and ownership of the product
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to include regularly and proactively collaborating with teammates
- 5+ years development experience leveraging open source technologies
- Agile process and methodologies
- API design and implementation
- Microservices architecture and implementation
- Multi-tenant application architecture and implementation
- Activiti or similar BPMN driven workflow frameworks
- Elasticsearch Experience
- Experience configuring and deploying applications to a Redhat Linux environment
- Experience with commercial or government distributed architectures and technologies (AWS, OpenStack, etc.)
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.