Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
We are seeking a Secret cleared, detailed oriented, and organized Technical Writer to support the writing, editing, and day-to-day management of technical proposals. The Technical Writer is mainly responsible for coordinating, managing, writing and developing compliant, complete and compelling, proposals to capture new business opportunities. The successful candidate will exhibit strong writing and communication skills to ensure consistency and clarity to meet customer needs. The ideal candidate will be able to craft compelling narratives for multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Coordinates with various business and technical teams to outline, write, and proofread technical proposals for government and commercial customers
- Ensures proposals are accurate, complete, meet editorial and government specifications, and adhere to standards for graphics, coverage, format, and styles
- Establishes style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations
- Formats documents to adhere to required styles
- Coordinates version control, tracking, and management of all proposal efforts, past performance, and document repositories
- Bachelor’s Degree in English / Language Arts, Communication, Computer Science, or related field
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication, active listening, critical thinking, and relationship management.
- Experience with Google suite of business tools (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.), Microsoft Office,
- Ability to capture business and technical requirements and clearly convey them to audiences of varying technical skill levels.
- Ability to deliver professional proposals on urgent schedules ranging from a week to a month.
- Experience converting documents between Google and Microsoft document formats while preserving format, style, and page layout
- Experience or familiarity with Microsoft Project, Adobe Illustrator, and/or Lucidchart
- Familiarity with editing and desktop publishing
- Experience with US Defense / Intelligence proposal writing
- Active Secret US Government clearance is required
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.