Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
This Senior Data Engineer will play a vital role collaborating as part of this cross-functional Agile team to create and enhance data ingestion pipelines and address big data challenges. The Senior Data Engineer will work closely with the Chief Architect, systems engineers, software engineers, and data scientists on the following key tasks:
- Provide Extraction, Transformation, and Load (ETL) experience coupled with enterprise search capabilities to solve Big Data challenges
- Design and implement high-volume data ingestion and streaming pipelines using Open Source frameworks like Apache Spark, Flink, Nifi, and Kafka on AWS Cloud
- Leverage strategic and analytical skills to understand and solve customer and business centric questions
- Create prototypes and proofs of concept for iterative development
- Learn new technologies and apply the knowledge in production systems
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance issues on the enterprise data pipelines and the data lake
- Partner with various teams to define and execute data acquisition, transformation, processing and make data actionable for operational and analytics initiatives
- BS in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or a related technical field or equivalent experience with at least 8+ years in systems engineering or administration (6+ years with a MS/MIS Degree).
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance and able to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
- 3 years of experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, NiFi.
- 3 years of experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python (preferred) and/or Java.
- 3 years of experience with and managing data across relational SQL and NoSQL databases like MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, HDFS, Redis, and Elasticsearch.
- 3 years of experience working in a Linux environment.
- 2 years of experience working with and designing REST APIs.
- Experience in designing/developing platform components like caching, messaging, event processing, automation, transformation and tooling frameworks.
- Experience developing data ingest workflows with stream-processing systems: Spark-Streaming, Kafka Streams and/or Flink.
- Experience transforming data in various formats, including JSON, XML, CSV, and zipped files.
- Experience with performance tuning of ETL jobs.
- Experience developing flexible ontologies to fit data from multiple sources and implementing the ontology in the form of database mappings / schemas.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work effectively with customers and other team members.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience:
- Data engineering experience in the Intelligence Community or other government agencies.
- Experience with Microservices architecture components, including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience developing microservices to fit data cleansing, transformation and enrichment needs.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Athena and/or Glue.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and extensive experience with Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge about security and best practices.
- Experience developing flexible data ingest and enrichment pipelines, to easily accommodate new and existing data sources.
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as Git/Gitlab, Salt, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines and their enabling tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, etc.
- Detailed oriented/self-motivated with the ability to learn and deploy new technology quickly.
Clearance Level: TS/SCI with Poly
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.