Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta has an immediate need for a Senior Data Engineer to join a fast paced program in support of a Government customer with a very critical National Security mission. This is a multi-year program, where the successful candidate will work in an interdisciplinary project team of more than 30 highly qualified individuals with a wide array of skills that include client (reactjs), server (spring java), QA Automation Engineers, UI/UX Designers, and DevOps engineers. The team is responsible for building a next generation Mission Information System and is performing greenfield Software Development using modern technologies via an Agile DevOps approach.
This Senior Data Engineer will play a vital role collaborating as part of this cross-functional Agile team to create and enhance data ingestion pipelines and address big data challenges. The Senior Data Engineer will work closely with the Chief Architect, systems engineers, software engineers, and data scientists on the following key tasks:
- Provide Extraction, Transformation, and Load (ETL) experience coupled with enterprise search capabilities to solve Big Data challenges
- Design and implement high-volume data ingestion and streaming pipelines using Open Source frameworks like Apache Spark, Flink, Nifi, and Kafka on AWS Cloud
- Leverage strategic and analytical skills to understand and solve customer and business centric questions
- Create prototypes and proofs of concept for iterative development
- Learn new technologies and apply the knowledge in production systems
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance issues on the enterprise data pipelines and the data lake
- BS in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or a related technical field or equivalent experience with at least 8+ years in systems engineering or administration (6+ years with a MS/MIS Degree).
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance and able to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
- 3 years of experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, NiFi
- 3 years of experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python (preferred) and/or Java
- 3 years of experience with and managing data across relational SQL and NoSQL databases like MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, HDFS, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- 3 years of experience working in a Linux environment
- 2 years of experience working with and designing REST APIs
- Experience in designing/developing platform components like caching, messaging, event processing, automation, transformation and tooling frameworks
- Experience developing data ingest workflows with stream-processing systems: Spark-Streaming, Kafka Streams and/or Flink
- Experience transforming data in various formats, including JSON, XML, CSV, and zipped files
- Experience with performance tuning of ETL jobs
- Experience developing flexible ontologies to fit data from multiple sources and implementing the ontology in the form of database mappings / schemas
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work effectively with customers and other team members.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience:
- Data engineering experience in the Intelligence Community or other government agencies
- Experience with Microservices architecture components, including Docker and Kubernetes. Experience developing microservices to fit data cleansing, transformation and enrichment needs.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Athena and/or Glue
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and extensive experience with Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge about security and best practices.
- Experience developing flexible data ingest and enrichment pipelines, to easily accommodate new and existing data sources
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as Git/Gitlab, Salt, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines and their enabling tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, etc.
- Detailed oriented/self-motivated with the ability to learn and deploy new technology quickly
Clearance Level: TS/SCI with Poly
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.