Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
The Natural Language Engineer will provide their expertise to analyze complex natural language processing problems and related computational linguistic challenges. Work as part of a team of software developers and data scientists to develop advanced prototypes and solutions that address real-world customer challenges such as transfer learning for natural language processing, named entity recognition and text classification.
- Develop solutions for extracting key information from natural language and converting it to structured data.
- Work as part of a software development team to develop high quality natural language prototypes for the customer.
- Maintain awareness of state-of-the-art machine learning and techniques, methods and platforms, including commercial and open source.
- Implement, configure and test machine learning and deep learning libraries and platforms (e.g. fast.ai, TensorFlow, Keras, XGBoost, LightGBM).
- Contribute to visually-appealing, web-enabled prototype applications that illustrate relevant machine learning capabilities.
- Experience with Python (2+ years).
- Familiarity with Open Source Natural Language Processing libraries (e.g. NLTK, ULMFIT, BERT)
- Experience with machine learning or statistics (2+ years).
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- High levels of curiosity, creativity, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable navigating the command line.
- Research experience in Machine Learning specific to Natural Language Processing
- Experience with managing data and creating algorithms using AWS
- Experience working in an Agile Development Environment
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph required
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.