Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta has an immediate opportunity for Data Analysts/ Junior Data Scientist to provide support to a major federal client. This organization provides services that analyze and produce enhanced cyber security and threat intelligence information to include threats and potential threats to the customer’s personnel, information, and information systems; provides timely and relevant intelligence to assist with mitigating cyber threats confronting the Department; supports evaluation, implementation, and operations of tools/technologies used in advanced data analysis.
The Data Analyst will support the customer’s overall cyber threat analysis efforts. In addition, they will be responsible for applying advanced analytics and data science techniques, including statistical analysis, event correlation, anomaly detection, data visualization and dashboards, and predictive modeling in solving cyber security problems or helping others to automate their research and analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, cybersecurity, or other related technical discipline, plus 4 years of experience in technical data analysis with increasing responsibilities.
- Alternatively, a Master’s degree with 1 year of experience.
- Good working knowledge of statistical data analysis techniques, including sampling, descriptive statistics, regression.
- Experience with data analysis tools and languages, such as SQL, SPSS, SAS, R, advanced Excel, or similar.
- Experience with data cleaning and preparation.
- Experience with visualization and dashboard techniques and tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, or similar.
- Basic understanding of supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms.
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols (e.g., Transmission Control Protocol [TCP] and Internet Protocol [IP], Open System Interconnection Model [OSI], Domain Name System [DNS]), and network security principles.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and cyber defense principles (e.g. cyber threats and vulnerabilities, adversarial tactics, cyber attack stages).
- Highly self-motivated and capable of completing ad hoc and time-sensitive assignments.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively research, write, communicate and brief to varying levels of audiences to include at the executive level.
- Two years of experience in intelligence or technical analysis with a focus on cyber threat analysis and threat modeling, to include preparing and presenting results.
- Experience analyzing data sets from real-world problems.
- Software development experience in Python/Pandas/Scikit-learn, experience with Rapidminer or similar tools.
- Experience in natural language processing.
- Experience in Splunk or similar log storage/retrieval systems.
- Previous experience working within cross functional and interdisciplinary project teams.
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Active Secret clearance or ability to obtain a Secret clearance
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.