Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta is seeking an experienced Software Developer (Linux & C++) to join our Cyber Analytics engineering team. The selected candidate will operate as the lead for the Novetta Cyber Analytics (NCA) enterprise network sensor, focusing on high volume full packet capture (PCAP). In addition, the selected developer will be responsible for software design, development, continuous improvement, and bug fixes.
- Experience with high speed PCAP indexing, storage, and retrieval
- Knowledge of PCAP indexing using Bloom filtering and LZ4 compression
- Strong familiarity with Linux kernel internals
- Demonstrated experience with AF_packet sockets and other networking programming
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience
- Familiar with network defense concepts and the uses for full packet capture during computer investigations
- Experience with high performance packet flow processing using the following:
- Intel Thread Building Blocks
- Intel Data Plane Developer Kit
- Intel parallel STL
- Strong C and C++ development skills
- Python development experience
- Demonstrated experience with high performance, multi-core programming
- Comfortable in Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, and Ubuntu
- Familiar with Ntop's PF_RING/ZC high performance building blocks
- Experience with biflow-based metadata extraction enhanced with Procera DPI engine
- Experience with Google's Protocol Buffers
- Familiar with metadata streaming using Kafka
- Familiar with Zero Copy techniques
- College degree in technical field, such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, or IT
- Eligible for Secret clearance
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.