Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Use your data engineering expertise and hands-on technical skills to contribute to the architecture and construction of the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) enterprise data catalog and data lake.
- Provide ‘consultant over the shoulder’ expertise to senior government and other contractor staff regarding onboarding new data sources, cross-source entity resolution and record disambiguation, data architecture and data governance activities.
- Attend and contribute to working group and planning meetings including change control boards, roadmap, and technical planning sessions.
- Review draft program and technical documentation to provide advice on technical approach, sharing lessons learned and best practices.
- Develop entity resolution matching strategies and pilot solutions.
- Write code to process and profile large data sources.
- Provide an understanding of dataset technical processing acumens, data transformation methodologies, data management, and data governance processes, and provide feedback and share best practices in these areas.
- Advise on and participate in the implementation of common data engineering technologies consistent with the requirements/parameters and quality standards for a large data lake.
- Gain an understanding of and apply DHS data and information exchange models to future architecture design
- 10 years of software or data engineering experience.
- Bachelors degree in a scientific or engineering discipline.
- 3+ years of experience programming in Python.
- 2+ years of experience with data handling/ETL, including work with big data (millions to billions of records).
- 1+ years of experience writing SQL queries.
- Experience with Linux and Shell scripting.
- Experience with entity resolution (record deduplication/linking).
- Demonstrated experience communicating and presenting to senior staff.
- Experience processing data with Hadoop.
- Experience working with AWS, or an AWS Associate level certification.
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.