Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta has an exciting internship opportunity for systems engineering located in McLean, VA. This is a paid internship for holders of a DoD Secret or higher clearance.
Novetta is actively seeking students interested in IT from a wide variety of backgrounds to participate in this year’s program.
As part of the Novetta Internship program, participants will work alongside our cross functional team of software developers, systems engineers, and managers to apply advanced technical solutions to real world challenges.
You will provide support to a Novetta team developing AWS based IoT platform for security and industrial sensors ranging from simple contact sensors to high-end multi-spectral cameras. The platform will process sensor data and push actionable information out to a mobile phone based Common Operating Picture for base defense. This is a mix of IOT/Sensors, microelectronics, tactical wireless networking, development, data science, ML/AI, and nimble system engineering.
- You will work with permanent staff on a project to deliver a demonstrable product to the customer. This project will be customized based on the intern’s interests and skill level and is only limited by one’s imagination.
- You will learn from cloud and system engineers while operating in agile development process to produce tangible results during each two-week sprint.
- High levels of curiosity, creativity, and problem solving capabilities
- Experience with (or coursework in) Linux system administration, networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, etc)
- Pursuing an academic degree in a relevant field (Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, etc.) or formal technical training training program
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work within a team structure and clearly present work status updates and results
- Active Secret clearance
- Familiarity with Agile development process, DevOps principles
- Experience within virtualized / cloud environments (AWS, VMware, etc)
- Desire to continue post academic career within the DoD IT community
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.