Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta has an exciting opportunity for people interested in Data Science and/or Software Engineering to join our new team in Tampa, FL. This is a paid internship and each participant will be nominated for a full TS/SCI clearance. This is a rare opportunity to start a career in the US Intelligence Community and get paid to learn alongside experts in the field. The Department of Defense is shifting investment into the future of machine learning and artificial intelligence across the Defense Intelligence Enterprise to reimagine and revolutionize the intelligence process. This is your opportunity to participate in a paradigmatic shift in National Security.
Novetta is seeking to build an intern cell of students interested in Data Science and Software Engineering with a wide variety of backgrounds. Our interns will work with a Department of Defense Research and Development center, exploring big data analytic techniques and advanced visualizations. As part of our team you will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of solving difficult National Security problems; from problem definition, data exploration to model implementation to the delivery of production quality Data Science solutions. You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and will impact multiple real-world projects concurrently.
Work will be conducted on the customer’s unclassified on-premise virtual environment and cloud based systems. This internship is an opportunity to:
- Learn from senior Technologists delivering production ready solutions.
- Work independently on projects to deliver a demonstrable product to the customer. Projects will be customized based on each intern’s interest and skill level and is only limited by your imagination.
- Become versed in cutting edge National Security and US Intelligence Community problems and projects.
Our interns are expected to contribute new and novel ideas and are active members of our team. Ideal candidates will:
- Identify important and interesting questions surrounding our customer's challenges, then translate those questions into concrete analytical tasks.
- Develop strategies to extract, resolve, and unify information of various types from numerous data sources.
- Organize and mine massive data sets of both structured and unstructured data;
- Provide thought-leadership in the areas of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics and data science.
- Work with a diverse team of engineers, computer scientists, data scientists, and intelligence analysts.
- Pursuit of an academic degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Physics, Economics, Geography, etc.) and the following:
- A keen interest in using novel techniques and state of the art technologies to help solve the most pressing issues in National Security
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, motivation to self-start and work independently
- The ability to obtain a DoD Clearance (US Citizen with a clear background)
- Familiarity or interest in machine vision, network analysis, natural language processing or artificial intelligence
- Interest or experience with Big Data, and associated technologies (Spark, ElasticSearch & Kibana, etc.)
- Interest or experience with web application development.
- Interest or experience with open source frameworks for Neural Network architectures such as Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Caffe.
- Interest or experience with cloud services such as AWS or MS Azure.
- Interest or experience with software containerization & orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Government Security Clearance
The requirements listed above are not all-inclusive. Anyone with an interest in using advanced technology to solve complex problems should feel free to apply. We will work within all successful candidates’ schedules. This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of analytics while supporting our Nation's security in a fast paced, non-traditional, paid internship.
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.