Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
Novetta is seeking a skilled Senior Data Scientist to support a fast paced, innovative project supporting our client in the field of data science and AI/Machine Learning.
- 5+ (Senior) years of related experience
- Thorough (Senior)/Working (Expert) knowledge of individual, organizational, technological, or transnational issues of national security concern.
- Prior experience with the IC and methodological experience in some of the following areas:
- Relationships and discovery (correlating, enriching, and prioritizing data about activity among actors, devices or facilities to enable the discovery of structure, roles, key relationships and targets)
- Situational awareness (unifying data into a single context, allowing the current situation to be accurately and quickly understood)
- Systems modeling (building a computational analog of a real-world system – political, military, economic, social or technical – to understand how it operates, what it is capable of, and how it may react to shocks)
- Business analytics (supporting data-driven decisions about how we can improve the business of intelligence)
- Thorough/Working knowledge of appropriate analytic methods and methodological tools in two or more (Senior)/all three (Expert) of the following areas:
- Applied mathematics (e.g. probability and statistics, multivariable calculus, linear algebra, ordinary and partial differential equations, stochastic processes, graph theory)
- Computing programming (e.g. scripting, data parsing/ETL, artificial intelligence, machine learning, math/statistics packages, natural language processing, software versioning, distributed computing)
- Visualization (e,g, dashboard creation, network analysis, GIS/geospatial analysis, telemetry analysis)
- Thorough/Working knowledge of Python and some of the following software/tools: SQL, R, Hadoop, Spark, Java, C/C++, Git, Bash, Tableau, ArcGIS, Unix commands
- Thorough/Working knowledge of research designs
- Thorough/Working knowledge of collection methods, capabilities, and tasking process
- Familiarity with project management concepts and principles
- Intellectual curiosity; creativity and innovation to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to complex problems
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to leverage multiple data management tools to organize relevant information and make decisions
- Ability to develop comprehensive software applications, as needed
- Ability to translate complex, technical findings into an easily understood narrative (i.e. tell a story with the data) in graphical, verbal or written form
- Ability to multitask and change focus quickly as demand changes
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- An active TS/SCI w/Poly clearance
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily efforts—we strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success – that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.